Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, September 23, 2012

MP #6: Cell Phones

Cell phones have become a staple in our society. Nearly everyone has one and they constantly use it and they rely on it for so many things. I personally have a dumb phone instead of a smart phone but that is more of a cost issue than anything else. I cannot use my phone for the internet or anything like that, but many of my friends have phones that can do nearly anything. I think I was reminded of the prevalence of cell phones in our world today when I was sitting watching the Brigham City Temple dedication and they asked everyone to turn off their electronic devices. I looked around and so many people were turning their off. 

I know that cell phones can be wonderful but there is a time and a place for them. Please don't have them on at temple dedications. Please do not sit and text or play games during church. Don't leave them on in the lockers at the temple. Technology is wonderful and cell phones are incredible tools but we need to remember that we did survive before they came and we can survive a few hours without them every now and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment