Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Media Class Post #1

So for my class on Media and Families I need to post 2 blogs a week about the media I come across in my everyday life. This may be a bit of a stretch for media, but it is something that I have been thinking about a lot in the last few days and so it was the first thing that came to mind when I thought about this blog.

Media transmits a message, and my husband and I received a wonderful message yesterday via ultrasound. We found out that our first baby is a girl! This is something we are thrilled about and it is the best media message I've gotten in a very long time! The media can be wonderful and can transmit happy and uplifting messages instead of being destructive all of the time. Even though an ultrasound may be a bit of a stretch for passing as media, I was so very grateful for the message and what it means for us in our future.

2 comments:

  1. I would count this as media...maybe advertising? :)Congratulations to you and your husband on this exciting news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO fun! I would say it is media... moving pictures. :) I am due in February, so this hits home. I will be able to find out what we are having in the next month or so. I am excited, but we still haven't decided if we will find out. Good luck for your second half of pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete