Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

MP#7: Test Studying

It is crazy to see how studying for tests has changed even from my freshman year at BYU. For many of my classes, it is expected that a google doc for the whole class will be emailed and everyone (although I usually suspect it is only a handful of students) answers the study guide questions. Instead of having to do all of this alone or in a small group and taking several hours (possibly) to answer them, they are now updated and answered almost instantly! For me this has been a lifesaver on a few occasions, but I also tend to find myself dissatisfied with them. Some of the questions are not answered as well as I would. Some answers appear to be incorrect. Also, I know that by actually filling out the study guide I learn a lot more than by just reading what other people have said. What do you think? Are these google docs helpful for studying or not?

1 comment:

  1. I am a fill it out myself kind of girl, but I do use the googledocs to flesh out certain aspects of my study guides that I still have questions on. But I am the same way...I learn the material much better when I look up all the answers myself. And I have also found that people don't put as much information on the googledocs and I do in my own study guide...I always wonder if that's really "good enough" for other people, or if they just aren't putting forth much effort online because it isn't their own study guide anyway. Interesting! Good luck on the test :)

    ReplyDelete