Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Books I Love

I have always loved reading books. It actually got me into trouble as a kid because my mom thought I would read to get out of housework, which wasn't really true. Every time I found a new book series I would disappear in my bedroom for a while and absorb the books as quickly as I possibly could. For our class assignment I had to decide which were my two favorite books. I spent quite a bit of time trying to decide and finally just picked two that I liked because I knew I could never truly narrow it down to just two books. So here are two of my favorite books. I recommend them to everyone!

As a child, one of my favorite books was Owl Moon by Jane Yolen. This book is about a late night adventure taken by a girl and her father. They go deep into the forest “owling” which is looking for owls. This is a children’s book and contains very little dialogue, but lots of descriptions of the forest and the night and how the young girl feels to have this special night with her father. Another special not about the book is that it won the Caldecott Medal.
One of my current favorite books is The Alliance by Gerald N. Lund. While it is by an LDS author, it is not an LDS novel necessarily. This book takes place after the end of the world in a small town in Wyoming that survived. They pretty much go back to living the way people lived a century ago until they are brought into The Alliance which is a new government. There is no crime in this new country because they surgically implant a device that causes you pain whenever you think, say, or do anything rude, negative, or hurtful. It goes through the efforts of the main character, Eric, to figure out a way to go back to the life he had before.

No comments:

Post a Comment