Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving Fiascos

Thanksgiving was a really wonderful day, minus one event. Also, thanks to facebook, everyone else got to know all about it. I made four pies and I was going to bake them at the church building my sister reserved for our dinner. I preheated the oven, and then I opened it to put the pie in. When I opened it, I noticed that whoever had used the oven previously had spilled some of the food, and it was burning and caused the fire alarm to go off. So we had to call and talk to the fire department and they showed up to turn the alarm off. First just a red truck showed up, but then a real fire truck showed up, followed by a police man, and finally a member of the stake presidency. They all needed to see what was going on and if we were safe (obviously we were). However, my brother-in-law has a smart phone and took a picture of the fire truck and posted it to facebook right away, announcing that everything was my fault. My sister sent the picture to my mom and then called to tell her the story. It is crazy how fast and easy it is to tell stories like this now!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, poor you! Did you ever get the pies cooked?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I did! Luckily the church had two kitchens and 4 ovens so there was still room, I just didn't use the one that set the alarm off :)

    ReplyDelete